Influenster VoxBox #1

When I heard about Influenster, I was so excited to see what products I'd be asked to review, and shortly after Valentine's Day I received my first VoxBox!

This free stuff comes with a few strings attached - as long as I use my social influence {blog, Twitter, Facebook} to share my opinions, the rewards will keep coming. Might not always come in the form of free swag, might also be exclusive discounts or product news, but I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Influenster is a free-to-join community of invited trendsetters who live to give opinions of products and experiences. Influenster creates links between brands and members to reward participation and influence future products.

Without further ado, here are my honest opinions about February's products!




Secret's Clinical Strength Stress Response deodorant smells awesome! Apparently "stress sweat" smells the worst because it comes from a different gland - who knew? I loved everything about this product, except that you're supposed to put it on at night and I always seemed to forget. I'm used to putting deodorant on in the morning before walking out the door, so I really had to get in the habit of applying before bed. But I'd recommend this product to anyone!

I'm familiar with the Not Your Mother's hair products (especially their dry shampoo!) but I'd never heard of this one. Influenster sent me the Beach Babe texturizing sea salt spray that's supposed to give you sexy, tousled waves. I waited to use this product on a morning when I needed to get to work early and didn't want to wash my hair, but that was a mistake. This is a GREAT product - I liked the smell, the way my hair felt, how there wasn't a sticky residue all over my hands after using - but it's noooooot exactly the best look for the professional world. I imagined I'd end up looking like Jen Aniston or Kate Hudson with their beachy waves...


... buuuut, I looked like a had a terrible case of bed head. I think this Beach Babe spray would be a great product to toss in your bag to apply as your hair dried naturally after a day at the pool/lake/beach, but not for daily use, in my opinion.


I'm a fan of Miss Bethenny Frankel and I enjoy her Skinnygirl Cocktails, so I was excited to try this Skinnygirl Daily Bar. Not going to lie though... I was a little disappointed. It was chewy and I liked the texture of the bar, but the blueberry and Greek yogurt combo made it a little too tart for my liking. Also, Thomas and I try to eat according to Weight Watcher points and recipes {as much as possible}, and this little bar was a whopping 5 points. When you only get 26 points a day {me}, it's hard to justify spending points on this little guy. I can have a Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bar for only 3 points, and heck, it's covered in chocolate. Needless to say, I won't be buying any of these anytime soon. Sorry, Bethenny!

Moving on to the Olay Fresh Effects face wash. I saved the best for last - this was my favorite product in the entire VoxBox! Before getting married, I had a few microdermabrasion treatments to make my skin look its bridal best, but I've had to forgo those treatments in light of our budget. My beloved esthetician Alissa with SkinFit Austin has warned me to not exfoliate too often because I have sensitive skin, but using this cleansing system once a week seemed to give my skin just the boost it needed.


The boxed combo included a small tube of cleanser and power brush. You can see below for size comparison with my toothbrush; that little guy packs a punch though! The head of the power brush is rubber instead of the usual bristles, but it felt so good on my face. The cleanser foams up a lot and the foam turned the color of my mineral makeup, so I could tell it was working. I think you can purchase the combo pack in stores, but the face wash would make a great addition to your morning/nightly routine even without the power brush!


Looking forward to more fun experiences as a Influenster member! Want to use your social media prowess to influence the latest brands? Request an invite!

Comments

Popular Posts